Monday 31 March 2014

Challenges


Challenges: what fuels human ambition to do more, to crave for better, to climb another mountain (even though when I do it I feel vertigos and get scared I may have gone too high, instead of find something higher).

Challenges are what I’m dealing with now, that make my life less relaxed but maybe more interesting:
1) immigration (‘cos hey, I know I got a work permit, but it’s not over yet until I’ll put my hands on the pr card, thus soon it will come the time to research again the government website and find the best way to make it)
2) work (always busy, one million things to do in a start-up and my intentions to learn new things continuously postponed to when I’ll get some more time)
3) social life (improving, thanks to my colleagues, but I should stop thinking of a rainy Saturday night as an excuse to stay in)
4) ...

Challenges are also what keep me busy now, at the point I barely think in 2 weeks-time I’ll be back home on holidays. They will be my first holidays since last June (yep, that’s the side-effect of living in Canada) but somehow I don’t feel excited and impatient as I was last year.

I’m not saying I’m not happy to see my family, but I feel as if it was a part of routine process, a yearly task to deal with.
That makes me aware that my country is going farther and farther from my thoughts and that I have been loosening my links to Italy much more in this 2 years in Canada than in 5 years in Ireland.
After all, let’s be honest: if that famous 24th April 2012 I had left Canada (it was my original deadline in case of failure to get a job) now I would be unemployed in Italy or not in my home country at all.

Definitely too early to say Canada is a choice for life but at the moment I have tasks to accomplish here.


No comments:

Post a Comment