Sunday 18 December 2011

Countdown




 
One month. Everybody sums up this 30 days span in different ways: it can be excellent, tragic, bizarre, or simply ok. I have a clear and simple word in my mind for my next 30 days: countdown.
The inverted clock has officially started its rush today: on 18th January I will be leaving for London, just to take the day after the flight to Vancouver.

In a month time from now I will be alone, far from home, in a B&B room near Gatwick airport.
It is as if I could see myself, lying on the bed, staring at my luggage in a soft lighting, with a tangle of hopes, fears, dreams and doubts stuck in my head.
I will be alone to take up this challenge, just like in Ireland years ago, afraid to lose but determined to win.
So, stand up soldier and load your gun: it’s getting time to fight.


8 comments:

  1. Dai dai dai Fab

    Enrico Rutelli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you too

    Good luck, I know you will succeed there and have a great time too.

    Joe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Joe.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have a great time in Vancouver, I'm sure of it!
    Just keep being positive and everything will turn the bright side to you!

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Diego, I'll bear your advise in mind.

    See you in Vancouver.

    ReplyDelete
  6. non ci avrei mai creduto ma mi sa che ci vedremo.
    noi a giugno saremo a Vancouver per un paio di giorni e poi nei dintorni.
    sarai ancora lì?
    a presto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarò ancora lì? Lo spero davvero. In caso veniate (tu con chi?) fatemi sapere.

      Delete